Thursday, March 03, 2005

My Music

Quite a few of the people I talk to know that I write music, some people act amased that music can be written so easilly (Should I be offended?). But it in some aspects it's harder then it looks, and in some aspects it's easier then you'd think.

Usually when composing a song, I first load up FruityLoops (my software of choice) and begin plugging in instruments, creating patterns that both sound good, and match my mood. Then when I have a number of patterns lined up, I begin playing them out with each other to ensure they match up, and changing them till they sound great.

When I feel as though I have something that sounds like a song, I save it, and then export it as a Wave file. I close Fruity loops and load up Cool Edit Pro. With this software I begin tweaking the sound, filtering, and ultimatly mastering my song. I then save it as a final wave (songname_mastered.wav) and also save the MP3 file.

Finally, I edit the MP3 file's ID3 tag to reflect the accurate song name, artist name, album name, creation year, and placeing my website in the comments field. I then post the file to my website (http://www.dj-dnyed.com) and presto!

Another form of expression I enjoy, but am not as good at is photography and Photoshopping. One way I express the few talents I have in this field are thru my album covers, although I don't think they are spectacular, they are mine. I also plan soon to create an album cover in Computer graphics, as I enjoy that as well.

I feel as if I am rambling. So I'll let you be the judge.

No comments: